Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hiatus Journal #1


Floating

So, I’ve spent the last couple of days wondering around trying to figure out exactly what to do during this little break. Typically, I like to sit and work on another project, I don’t really like to take breaks, and I just like to focus on something different, to keep my ADD satisfied. If I work on one thing to long my brain will shut down, I won’t be able to continue to process the project I want to work on.

Like I said, I’ve been trying to figure out what to do. I looked…

I couldn’t even focus long enough to get a blog post even. Lol.

Like I was saying earlier, I’ve been looking around for something to work on, and I’ve been distracted by nothing but my iPad and video games. Lol. But, I have considered a couple of options. One is finding my outline for a middle grade novel I’ve wanted to work on. Problem with that is we’re packing, so nothing is where I remember it being, and I’d had a complete outline for the story written, and it was ready for me to pick up and dive right into the novel.

Without the outline, that’s not happening.

The other option I’ve been playing with is a novel I started writing earlier this year. I set it down, for some reason or another, might have been when I went into the hospital, and never picked it back up. Now, I’m looking at it, reading what I wrote at the beginning. And, wondering if I should do a little more work on it.

Also, is it normal for you to read what you wrote, and think: Damn, this is better than I thought it was? Mainly, because I thought when I got to the end of what I wrote: Why isn’t there more of this? Lol. Maybe it’s just an ego trip on my part. I dunno.

Anywho, the novel is a little under half done, and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to pick it up where I left off. Or if it’s even part of a genre that I still want to write. I dunno.

What do you do when you feel like you’re floating?

Ryan

Advertisement: The new chapter of In the Morning Light is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment