Sunday, December 16, 2012

Typing project In the Beginning #2


Hot Water At Last

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce to you, and your sensitive little noses, that we have hot water back.

And, according to my typical writing schedule, this post is late. I should have written it last night, and had it posted at seven something PDT. That didn’t happen though because of the mood I was in yesterday. It was a crappy mood, much like today has been. I don’t know why, but I just get into these stretches of feeling like I’m worthless. And, I could go on and on about this, but I really don’t think it’s something you want to hear. If you do, please say so in the comments, and I’ll be happy to put up a post that is nothing but me whining.

Today however is not that day.

Today we’re talking about hot water. We got our hot water back exactly one hour ago, and my wife has already taken a shower. I however, took a hot shower yesterday at our neighbor’s house. But, since the hot water was not back on yesterday, then we still get to add another 10k to Cold Shower. 80-90 thousand words, and I’m thinking it’s going to be a psychological horror story, focusing on a “powerful” figure in small town politics. The town will rise up against him, and torment him in small ways, that grow larger and larger and larger, until the man and his families’ lives are at risk.

Donna Hole commented on one of the other posts that it should be like a slumlord sort of thing, and that’s exactly what I’m going for. So, thank you :) Next, I will probably blow her blog up with questions about this sort of thing.

Anywho, In the Beginning, I’ve got another scene typed on it (not what I wanted to get done), but I’ve only got one more scene to type. Then the polish. And, then the final decision on whether I should self-publish it, or if I should try to do it traditionally first. I’m not sure. And, I’m not good at making decisions. Not good at making decisions at all.

Well, I’ve talked enough today, I’ll chew your ear off some more tomorrow.

Ryan

Stats:
                Snowflake Completion: N/A
                Pages Written Today: 0
                Pages Written Total: 18
                Pages Typed Today: 3 (single spacing)
                Pages Typed Total: 26 (single spacing)
                Word Count Today: 1,703
                Word Count Total: 13,170

Today’s advertisement: … … … … pepsi…

1 comment:

  1. Yay for hot water! And I'm glad some of those ideas helped :) Psychological horror makes good late night reading.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete