Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cold Lunch project journal #22


Flaky

So, yesterday I didn’t make a post, and I feel bad about that. I feel bad about a lot of things right now, but that’s one of the big ones. It’s not the fact that I didn’t post yesterday; it’s the reason I didn’t post that bothers me.

I just didn’t feel like it.

Yeah, some people might be well, don’t post then. But, that’s a problem for me. I don’t feel like doing a lot of things. That’s why it takes the laundry forever to get done, or the cat litter changed, or whatever else actually needs to get done. I can think, well I need to do this, or this, or this, but the motivation doesn’t come with the thought. Usually, I think about what I need to do, and then I sit there and do nothing. Like yesterday, I wanted to catch up on some writing on Cold Lunch, instead I wrote 1 scene (wanted to do 2 1/2), and played Mah Jong on my iPad for almost two hours. I didn’t even type what I’d written.

Oh, good lord.

Yeah, motivation is a major issue for me. I keep looking for ways to break through that, but I’ve found nothing so far (except my wife practically beating me over the head with a wooden spoon) that helps it. I don’t know.

Anywho, I don’t have any stats for today, since I didn’t type what I’d written, and I’m going to go and try to pick up some of the crap I didn’t do yesterday. Playing catch up is impossible.

What do you do to motivate yourself?

Ryan

Advertisement: I did manage to put up the new chapter of In the Morning Light yesterday. I remembered to put it up at like midnight. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment