Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cold Lunch Draft 2 progress journal #17


Fanfiction, today. My POV anyway.

Fanfiction, I like to write fanfiction. I’ve written here before about it, but I’m too lazy to look and see what I said. Anyway, fanfiction seems to be drastically different than it was when I was scribbling about Naruto in high school. Now, it seems to be a gateway into traditional publishing, at least for Twilight fanfiction. (Fifty Shades of Grey makes me want to throw up, and do violent things.) And, if I had known that way back when, I’d have kept writing.

I was fifteen or sixteen when I started writing fanfiction. I’m twenty-six now. Could you imagine the sheer size of the audience I would have if I kept writing fanfiction.

Le sigh.

Yeah.

Anyway, now that I realize a large audience is a selling point in the new publishing world, I’ve returned to writing fanfiction. And, no matter how practical the decision seems, I’m doing it because I’m having fun doing it.

Just like writing Cold Lunch. As for progress on it I wrote a scene and a half, just like I planned. And, unfortunately, I did some math. It’s going to take fifty some odd days to get it done at that rate.

Le sigh.

Anywho, I’m going to go lay down or something, and cry myself to sleep.

What do you think of today’s version of Fanfiction?

Ryan

Stats:
                Snowflake Completion: Done
                Pages Written Today: 4
                Pages Written Total: 32
                Pages Typed Today: 6
                Pages Typed Total: 56
                Word Count Today: 1,923
                Word Count Total: 15,379

As for advertisements, I feel that this is a good time to advertise my fanfiction. Lol. Check it out on fanfiction.net The Mad Habberdasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment