Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cold Lunch Draft 2 project journal #16


Motorcycles

So, yesterday was a pretty lazy day, far beyond the sort of day I had on Monday. All I really had to do was worry about getting a few pages of Cold Lunch written, and laze around. I figured I might as well use one of my random topics for the bulk of this post.

Motorcycles.

They’re dangerous.

That said, they’re also cool as hell. I’ve never gotten to ride on or drive a motorcycle, but it’s something I really want to do. And, not just that, but I want to learn how to turn motorcycles and automotives into a hobby. I want to learn to work on them, rebuild engines, restore old cars, and maybe even do a little modification to them to make them go just a little bit faster.

As for how to go about that, I need money. Money I don’t have. (And, my wife isn’t too hot on the motorcycle idea.) So, what I’m looking to do at some point is hunt down a junked dirt bike, cruiser, or crotch rocket, that somebody’s willing to get rid of for next to nothing. Then take that junked bike and learn how to put it back together. Then, I could learn how to ride it. Get a license. All that fun stuff. And, when my book hits big, I can do a cross-country motorcycle book signing tour, just like Stephen King did a few years back.

Anyway, right now, all of that’s a pipe dream. Again with the money. (I’m thinking about putting a donate button here on the blog, let me know your thoughts on that. Lol.) So, whilst I try to find a way to make money, I’ll just have to Google pictures of motorcycles I currently can’t afford.

As for progress on Cold Lunch, I did much better today. I finished the scene I started last night, and I wrote another scene (I think I’m going to start shooting for a scene and a half a day, it’ll take longer to finish the project, but I don’t think the writing will wipe me out as much as it has been). Then I got both of those scenes typed. And, I’m considering another scene, but I’m trying my best not to give into that desire. I know it will just end badly for me.

Anywho, that’s all from me.

What do you think about motorcycles, and hobbies?

Ryan

Stats:
                Snowflake Completion: Done
                Pages Written Today: 3
                Pages Written Total: 28 1/2
                Pages Typed Today: 9
                Pages Typed Total: 49
                Word Count Today: 2,453
                Word Count Total: 13,455

As for advertisements… I got nothing. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment