Friday, December 7, 2012

Cold Lunch Draft 2 project journal #18


In the pale moonlight.

What kind of topic is that? I wrote it down for my random topics list, and I have no idea what I was thinking. It’s possible I was thinking of my Fanfiction.net story In the Morning Light, like maybe I was thinking of a follow up story. Wouldn’t be a bad title for a follow up, but I hadn’t planned on doing a follow up.

I don’t know.

My head hurts.

Maybe I should go lay down.

That might be nice.

Anyway, in the pale moonlight. I figured out where it came from. I’m pretty sure it’s from Tim Burton’s Batman. “Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?” And, that question actually seems to cover what I think of my own writing. Whether I’m trying to write a romance or a children’s novel or trying to get all literary, or well, anything, there’s a horrific element to it, like the dancing devil. It’s sort of like a nice big theme. And, though I haven’t noticed it before, I guess that’s what branding is. A common thread or theme that runs through your work no matter what genre you’re writing.

And, right now, I’m actually writing a horror novel, which happens to be another scene and a half towards completion. Surprisingly I don’t feel the weight I did yesterday. Then I wanted to collapse under the immensity of the project. Today, I’m going much more along the way with the one day at a time thing. And, with certain personality issues, it’s probably going to flip flop between those extremes for the entire length of the novel. And, you guys will be right there to enjoy the roller coaster ride with me.

Anywho, I’m going to shut up now.

But, tell me, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Ryan

 Stats:
                Snowflake Completion: Done
                Pages Written Today: 5
                Pages Written Total: 37
                Pages Typed Today: 10
                Pages Typed Total: 66
                Word Count Today: 2,537
                Word Count Total: 17,916

As for my typical advertisement, check out the newest chapter of In the Morning Light

No comments:

Post a Comment