Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hiatus Journal #2


Happy New Year, a little belated.

Happy New Year everybody, and as usual, I’m a day late and a dollar short. Anyway, yeah, I’ve been flaky again. I don’t even know what day I last posted on, at least not without looking. I think it was Saturday or something like that. Not sure.

Beyond that though, the process of moving is going ahead at a snails pace. The work on my half trunked novel is going slowly. I’ve gotten maybe one scene done a day. And, yeah, that’s slow, it’s not even two thousand words a day. Generally I try to write a scene and a half, which comes out to about two thousand words. One scene is roughly twelve hundred. And, when you’re dealing with books that are going to be eighty, ninety, or a hundred thousand words long, two thousand words just seems like a pebble dropped into a pond. And, thinking about it right now is really not something I want to do.

Probably going to give Cold Lunch a rest until Friday; focus on packing and such and trying to get all this crap moved. You never realize how much stuff you have, until you have to move it from one place to another.

I guess that kind of works with writing too. Outlining is like packing all the stuff up in your house, organizing it, and getting ready to put it on the Uhaul. The Uhaul, in this case, is whatever medium you mean to convey the story. For me, that medium is typically pen and paper, which makes keeping up with the typing hard sometimes. And, the moving is actually moving the story from your brain onto the paper. And, I just feel like I’ve ran out of gas, and the walk to the nearest station is about ten miles.

I’m tired a lot anymore. I guess I’m in a spiral. And, now I’m trying to depress everybody around me. So, I’m going to check out for the day.

What’re your resolutions for the New Year, and who did you kiss?

Ryan

Unnamed Trunk Novel
Stats:
             Snowflake Completion: Done
                Pages Written Today: 1
                Pages Written Total: 83
                Pages Typed Today: 6
                Pages Typed Total: 24
                Word Count Today: 1,920
                Word Count Total: est. 36,000 (current typed: 6,937)

Advertisement: I don’t know, maybe we should all drink a little more beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment