Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cold Lunch project journal #32


Morning kids.

Hi everybody, I’ve been kind of absent lately, and there’s nobody to blame for that but myself. I could be really harsh on myself; in fact, I actually have been hard on myself for the last couple of days. It feels like I’m screwing up of some part of social contract.

I know that’s crazy, because everything I’m doing here is absolutely voluntary. I don’t get paid to sit here and write a three to four hundred word blog post every day. If I did, I’d probably hate it. Something about it feeling like work probably. But, it feels like something I need to do, and I’m not sure why.

I like blogging, even though I don’t think I’m very good at it. I don’t blog like other people, who usually sit down with a set topic to blog about; I just sit down, and really treat it like a sort of public journal. And, I’m thinking that’s the way blogging started out. And, I have no idea where I’m going with this.

Basically, for me, blogging is like a way of venting. I get on here, and I talk about the most random shit on the face of the planet. I don’t treat it like it’s some big news thing, because, let’s face it, I don’t give two shits about what’s going on in the world today. I really only care about my little sphere, and I try to do things to make my little sphere better. Like blogging, I have a selfish reason for blogging. I’m not a particularly social person, blogging is a social thing, but it’s also a tool that can be used to build an audience. Now, I’m not really good at playing the popularity game that comes with building an audience, and from what it looks like on my blog is that I don’t have a very large audience. But, even though I want a larger audience, I want that audience because of the content of my writing and my blog, not because I went out and sprayed my name on every wall possible. Am I doing something wrong there? Probably, but I…I forgot what I was going to say.

Anyway, being completely honest; I like blogging, but to me it’s a tool, one that I need to use better and more frequently, if I’m going to achieve the goal I want: The larger audience in other words. So, I’m probably going to need somebody with some marketing experience to help me out, and that someone probably is going to have to beat me with a shoe or something to get the marketing part of getting my name out there.

Anywho, about writing. I’ve not stuck with my plan at all. I’ve got two scenes done over the last two days, and my hopes of getting more than that done today are pretty slim. I can’t apply as much time to writing as I would like too, simply for the reason that there are other things to do. Also, I haven’t typed anything since I last posted, so there are no stats for today. Yay for public accountability failure.

That’s all from me today. Talk to you kids later.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment