Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cold Lunch project journal #37

I want quiet.

I want to take a nap. Has that ever happened to you all? It happens to me all the time. But, I have this nasty habit of not being able to sleep at night after I nap. This typically doesn’t bother me, but I’ve got doctor’s appointments to go too. Isn’t that just the best news of all?

Anywho, about writing, I did absolutely nothing yesterday. I was wiped out, and took a nap, then got in bed like two hours after I napped. So, there wasn’t much time to do anything. Hell, I didn’t even look at the outline I’ve been doing for my new bookish sort of thing.

I am excited about that though, about my new little story. Technically, it will be a novel, but only in the very loosest sense. It’s going to be a children’s Chapter Book, and the thing that I find most strange about that is the word count requirement.  It’s 12,000 words, well up to 12,000 words, and they suggest the story be like a message, a lesson or a moral, that sort of thing. And, I really don’t think that way. I don’t think that way when I’m working. I’m writing to entertain. And, I typically have nothing major I want to get across to other people. I just want to entertain them, and I think the story I’ve got planned out is going to be entertaining :)

It’s a story about Bunnies. A story about Zombie Bunnies. And, that’s going to be the bulk of the things that I’m going to say now. Lol.

As for Cold Lunch, I didn’t write yesterday, but the day before I managed to crank out a scene, just one, but it was 2,000 words long. So I did feel good about that.

Anyway, that’s it for me. Let’s see if I can get some real writing done. Lol.

Ryan

Stats:
                Snowflake Completion: Done
                Pages Written Today: 6
                Pages Written Total: 115
                Pages Typed Today: 6
                Pages Typed Total: 202
                Word Count Today: 2,031
                Word Count Total: 55,673

Advertisement: Go to your nearest Pizza Hut, and buy everything on the menu. Then overnight it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment