Friday, January 25, 2013

Cold Lunch project journal #34


I’m shorting out.

I think that’s a pretty good topic for today, seeing as I’ve set down to write and now my brain seems to be leaking out of my ears. I dunno, I just seem to be unable to think at the moment. Hell, I can’t even think to try and write my blog post.

I should have bought some Excedrin while I was at Walmart yesterday. Normally, I treat this blockage like a headache (since really, that’s what it is) and the Excedrin kicks its ass and I get on with my life. Today I have no Excedrin.

So, I guess I’m going to try and write my way through the block. Today might be a longer post than we’re used to here in Ryan World.

Now, what I’ve got up my crawl at the moment is the loss of two of my outlines. And, what’s funny is the fact that they  disappeared before we started to move. One was for a children’s/middle-grade novella/novel I was going to write called Dead Handy.  And, the other was an Epic I was going to work on, a zombie novel based on Dante’s Inferno. I was going to call it Inferno. Lol. And, I was thinking about serializing it and self-publishing it. Most of the time traditional publishers won’t touch Epics. Unless they’re by big name authors. There’s usually not much money in it considering the costs of production, and the market and what not. Of course I could be wrong there, but I think I’m kinda right. Anyway, they were both books I was really excited about working on, and now the outlines are gone; which means I’m going to have to rewrite the outlines, and I’m going to worry that the outlines I come up with now aren’t going to be as good as the outlines I originally had. Not logical I know, but still something I’m bound to worry about. Hell, I’m even considering not redoing the outlines for that specific reason. And, they were books I was really excited about. Good lord, I don’t even know anymore.

Anyway, on Cold Lunch, I got the rest of what I’ve got written typed. So, I do have stats for today. Work just kicked my ass yesterday, and I didn’t get anything written. Hell, I got out of the shower last night just after 8 o’clock and got in bed. Went straight to sleep. Mel told me I was dead to the world when she got in bed, and I don’t even remember her getting in bed.

And, I was supposed to work today, but I went in and they told me they didn’t need me and sent me home. So, driving to Logan this morning was a serious waste of time. Oh well, I came home and I got back into bed. Then when Mel got me up for the second time I was much crankier than the first. So, I realized that when I have something to do, getting me up is easy. But, when there’s nothing to do, I might as well be a bear crawling out of its cave after a long winter.

Anywho, I think I’ve worked through my blockage pretty well, and now I’m going to get on with the writing.

Ryan

Stats:
                Snowflake Completion: Done
                Pages Written Today: 0
                Pages Written Total: 92
                Pages Typed Today: 4
                Pages Typed Total: 172
                Word Count Today: 1,504
                Word Count Total: 47,076

As for advertising today, the new chapter of In the Morning Light up, and if you don’t mind swing by The Out of Towner and tell her, her ending sucks and she needs to add more to it. And, go to In the End, There was Love and tell her she needs to update more of the story…NOW. Thank you for doing so, and have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment