Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cold Lunch project journal #27


Back to work.

Hello ladies and gentlemen, if you can’t tell it is now time for me to return to working on Cold Lunch. That is correct, the major player is back on the table, and I am so excited. Lol.

I finished the line edits last night (I’m not at my computer last night; otherwise I would do a comparison of stats). I had also hoped to get a scene or two written last night but, other things got in the way of that.

The first of those things was pain. I started working at McD’s yesterday, and it’s the first job I’ve had in about seven months where I have to be on my feet the whole shift. So, yeah, I hurt from head to frigging toe, and my back hurts the most. And, the crazy thing I’m thinking about doing is starting the exercise portion of my “diet” now. That way, when the soreness finally subsides I won’t have to deal with it again when I start exercising. Or something like that.

The other thing was the round robin with my friend Jenna. My head has been exploding with ideas about that story; I had to commit them to paper to keep them from literally blowing my head up. I sent them to her last night, and I’m on the edge of my seat waiting to see what she thinks. (Jenna, if you’re reading this email me now. Lol.)

Also, I came up with a tentative name for my trunk novel. I’m thinking Dokkalfar. Dokkalfar is the Germanic term for the dark elves (drow if you’re a D&D geek), and the main male character of the story is a dark elf named Gangleri (another shot at mythology, Gangleri was one of the names/titles of Odin, it means the wanderer). Also, the story is something of a romance, and I’m not sure if I want to publish as a romance author. Maybe I can convert it to Urban Fantasy and leave it at that. Lol.

Other than that, I will be returning to work on Cold Lunch, and I will have stats for you tomorrow relating to Cold Lunch.

Talk at you kids tomorrow.

Ryan

PS: The new chapter of In the Morning Light is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment