Friday, January 11, 2013

Hiatus Journal #10


Work

By the time you read this, I will have officially started my new job at McDonalds. I go in at 7am for training, and I’ll find out what my work schedule is for the rest of the week. Or next week. Or whatever they want. I don’t know. I’m just going to go with the flow.

And, as much as I don’t want to work, it will feel good to contribute to the family again. I’ve had basically zero income over the last what? Three weeks? Maybe four? I don’t know, I kind of lost count. And, the only thing I regret is not getting more writing done in the time I’ve been off. But se la vie. (I think that’s how it goes.)

On the writing front, I had a great run today. Wrote a scene for my trunk novel that runs probably about two thousand maybe two thousand five hundred words long. And, it was one of those scenes that started off slow then took off like a bat out of hell. Those are so much fun to write :)

Though for the rest of what I wanted to do, the rest of the line edits for Cold Lunch, and the typing I wanted to do for the trunk novel, that kind of didn’t happen. Also one of those things about scenes taking on a life of their own and demanding to be written. They eat time like nobody’s business. So, I’ll just have to take care of that tomorrow after I get off of work.

And, yeah, it’s scenes like that, that make feel like I really am an awesome writer. And, that I was born to do this storytelling thing.

As for stats, I’m not going to report any today. Didn’t get anything typed. What I need to do with this novel is like what I did with In the Beginning, type what I have written, and then start writing again. Maybe. I dunno. And, it doesn’t matter. After tomorrow I will be back to work on Cold Lunch, so the whole point is moot for the time being.

Beyond that, I really don’t have anything to say.

So…

I shall talk at you kids later.

Ryan

PS: I don’t really have one today, but I promise I’ll think of something witty for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment