Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cold Lunch Draft 2 project journal #9


So, I’ve been a very naught boy the last couple of days. I’m trying to build good habits, such as blogging and writing and typing and what not, and all of that seems to be very easy to forget.

Yeah.

It sucks.

Anywho, I do have some progress to report on, and yes I’m skipping straight to that because I’m too lazy to come up with an additional topic right now. So, on to the update.

Yesterday, I intended to write two scenes for Cold Lunch. I wound up writing one…twice. Yep, my favorite editor of all time, my wife of course, pointed out that I gave a little (hell, a lot) of the fun little plot twists in the rest of the novel in that one scene. So, an immediate rewrite was necessary. I (and my editor) are both pleased with the replacement scene.

I guess after that, one would expect me to pick up where I left off, writing the next two scenes in the book today, instead of sitting around and goofing off. Well, I didn’t exactly goof off, but I haven’t written a word for Cold Lunch. I might correct that after I finish writing this post, but I doubt it. I’m wiped out, and will probably go straight to bed.

Anywho, today was still productive. I typed the new scene for Cold Lunch (5pgs, 1,693words). I typed two scenes for a project I now intend for self publication (7pgs, 3,164words-note: single spaced pages). And, I typed another scene for my fanfiction (4pgs, 1,477words) so that I can post it on Friday, or close to Friday. At least close enough to Friday that…I don’t know where I was going with that.

So, yeah, today was still productive. And, now, I’m going to go to bed. Which is strange, seeing as you won’t be reading this until early tomorrow morning. Man, that’s always one thing that’s confused me about scheduling posts.

Meh.

Habit forming, how do you handle it?

Ryan

Stats:
                Snowflake Completion: Done
                Pages Written Today: 0
                Pages Written Total: 7
                Pages Typed Today: 5
                Pages Typed Total: 11
                Word Count Today: 1,693
                Word Count Total: 3,011

BTW, if anybody would like to check out my fanfiction as an example of my work feel free to follow this link: The Mad Habberdasher

No comments:

Post a Comment