Monday, November 19, 2012

Cold Lunch Draft 2 project journal #4


So, no random topic today, mainly because I didn’t do any work today. L

Which isn’t entirely rue, I put a little work in this morning, figuring up the first four scenes or so in part 3. As for other things, I did feel productive today.

I did some typing, not on the novel I haven’t typed yet, but on a fanfiction piece I’ve been setting on for the last few months. I know. Fanfiction. Boo-Hiss. It’s anathema to the modern literary type, but then I’m not the literary type. I look at everything like a tool. I looked at the people who transitioned from fanfiction to print to bestsellers, and what I saw was a fan base. These people, knowingly or unknowingly, created a fan base by writing fanfiction, and then, when they were in print, voila, money.

Yes, everything comes down to money.

I’m a little greedy.

But, anyway, the productivity of today was simple. I didn’t type what I did because I was thinking about money. I read those pages, and typed them, because I had fun writing them. I had fun borrowing those characters for a short time. And, so long as I continue to enjoy it, then I will continue to write it. And, I will shamelessly use it as a tool to further build my fan base.

Now, if only I could find a way to get my brain to work on these things regularly.

What do you think of fanfiction?

Ryan

Stats:
            Snowflake Completion: Step 6
            Pages Written Today: N/A
            Pages Written Total: N/A
            Pages Typed Today: N/A
            Pages Typed Total: N/A
            Word Count Today: N/A
            Word Count Total: N/A

PS: It’s tempting to put the stats down for today’s typing, but it’s not towards the goal of completing Cold Lunch. So, it doesn’t go.

And, just for fun, if you want to check out my fanfiction stuff roll on over to my profile on fanfiction.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/~themadhabberdasher

No comments:

Post a Comment