Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cold Lunch Draft 2 project journal #6


I wonder where that fish did go.

That fish. That fish. That fishy oh.

Yep, we’re going Family Guy today. Nah. It’s just another one of my random topic things, and now I have to come up with something to go with it.

But, isn’t that the job of a writer? Not this topic in particular, but an idea taken from somewhere, whether it be from midair or something that’s inspired us from some other source, and morph that idea into something of substance. As for making today’s topic into something of substance could really be difficult. It comes from the mind of Seth Mcfarlane, and the way I’m seeing it the best way to use it was in the context of the show. Dialogue.

Although it could be used as a story starter. A story that’s relatively poetic and something along the lines of Moby Dick or Jaws. But, yeah, I don’t know where else to take that.

As for a progress report on Cold Lunch, I have to say I’ve finished step 6. The only thing I need to do is put the whole thing together into one cohesive synopsis. Then I need to do the scene list thing, which should be simple with the way I put the synopsis together. I basically wrote a scene list to put it together. So, I should be working on the actual novel in the next couple of days.

Maybe.

Anyway, what does “I wonder where that fish did go” say to you, and how do you use it?

Stats:
            Snowflake Completion: Step 6
            Pages Written Today: N/A
            Pages Written Total: N/A
            Pages Typed Today: N/A
            Pages Typed Total: N/A
            Word Count Today: N/A
            Word Count Total: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment