Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cold Lunch Draft 2 project journal #11

Time Management.

I am very bad at this. Very very bad at this. Lol

It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day for me to do what I want too. I just don't use said time wisely. Instead of working on Cold Lunch while I'm waiting for a trip, I'll play MahJong. Instead of working on my blog posts I'll play on facebook, or look at my blog stats (and wish they were higher lol). And, I could go on like this for quite a while. I could do this, but I do this. Yeah, even I agree that it would get irritating after about thirty seconds. But, it's what I do.

And, yes, I've tried creating a schedule before, tried making good habits about writing, critiquing and thus and such. But, I'm not good at keeping a schedule if I don't have someone breathing down my neck. And, believe it or not, I love schedules, I love the structure, and the knowledge that I'm doing exactly what I need to be doing. But, I'm bad at following them by myself. I need a shock collar or something.

God, I'm such a whiner.

Anyway, Cold Lunch is coming along. I've written the third scene, but I've not typed it yet. And, I started on the fourth scene just a little while ago. I need my super editor to read over what I've got written so far, see if it gets her seal of approval, and make any necessary changes to it. It might take longer to write the novel this way, but I want it to be the best I can make it.

How do you handle time management?

Ryan



Stats:
                Snowflake Completion: Done
                Pages Written Today: 1
                Pages Written Total: 11
                Pages Typed Today: 0
                Pages Typed Total: 11
                Word Count Today: ?
                Word Count Total: 3,011

And, as of right now I've got nothing exciting to advertise. So, yeah. I'm just going to shut up and see if I can manage my day a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment