Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sort of on top of things

Today has been good. I really can’t lie. Today has been very good. I actually feel like I’m on top of shit.

For example:

It is 11:30 am and I’ve already done most of my to do list. Once I finish this post all that will be left are the extras on the list. The core goals (walk, The Goal That Shall Not Be Named, and blog post) will all be done. I’ll have the rest of today to do whatever I wish. And, number one on that list of extras is going to be a nice long nap. After I post my stats.


Cricket.


Hmm, it seems like good days don’t give me as much material to write about. Sooooo…..

I guess I’ll talk about other things.

Like Dungeons and Dragons!!!

DnD has been my favorite game since I was 17, and I curse my mother (kidding! lol) for not playing it when she was young and introducing it to me at a much earlier age. I know my kids are going to be much younger than I was when they first get exposed to it. Hell, they’ll be exposed to it in the womb (right along with the Stephen King audiobooks I’ll be playing without ceasing… you’re damn right I’m going to make my children nerds, I wouldn’t have it any other way.).

And, now I’ve forgotten what I was going to say…

Oh, right, Dungeons and Dragons! I’m going to try and make a career out of it, which will be kind of funny considering the number of times Mom told me I should be studying rather than pouring over my DnD books. Ah, the little ironies in life. Beyond doing that… I’m stuck again… Damn it.

Friggin brain isn’t working right.

It must be where I’m trying to get ahead. My brain is revolting because I’m making progress!!!

Oh, My God!!!

Nah, it’s probably just where I’m not used to writing at this time of day. Writing is as much like anything else, as it is habit forming. If you set yourself into a certain routine (like waiting till midnight to write) then naturally one’s mind is going to be disagreeable. It’s like breaking a habit. It’s hard to do. But, when one is trying to get there life straightened out then breaking habits, and making new ones, is a necessity.

Which is another reason behind my goals. I want to make them into habits so that I do without thinking about it. And, when I don’t have to think about what I’m doing (like when I’m walking) that thing gets much easier to do. Pretty soon my goals will be second nature and you all won’t have to listen to me bitch about not getting them done.

And, now that the moment of positive inspiration has passed, I think I’m going to go lay down. Give me brain a break, then when I get back up hit the DnD adventure as hard as I can. If I’m going to make a career out of it then I need to do some work in that direction. Lol.


Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment