Sunday, February 3, 2013

FanFiction project In the Morning Light #6


Cranky

I started writing this post last night before I went to bed, but I got lazy, and didn’t feel like doing anymore work after my shower. So, I guess we’re going to go about writing it now. Even though it is hours and hours past when I should have put it up. Oh well.

So, what I was going to talk about last night was me being flaky, in pretty much everything, and it was going to be a really self deprecating. And, chances are, it still will be.

I just wanted to go on about the week I’ve had.  I don’t mean about the week itself being good or bad. I meant in the way of progress. It took me three or four days, I don’t even remember how long, to get one scene written. That is not progress. It’s a particular writer not writing the quota he set for himself. It’s a particular writer not realizing that there are only two types of days: good writing days, and bad writing days.

Good writing days are simple, you sit down, and you get started. Then you finish your quota earlier than you expected it too. Then you have the rest of the day to do as you wish.

Bad writing days are the days when your brains fell like cold molasses, and the work takes longer than you expected it too. But, the point of this is, you get your shit done.

I didn’t do that for the last week. I wrote one scene, when my daily quota is a scene and a half every day. I’m working on In the Morning Light now, but I should have already been done with it. Then I would be back on Cold Lunch, finishing the second quarter, and starting in on Bunbies. Grump.

I don’t know what to do sometimes. But, I’m going to nip this in the bud before it turns into me ranting about all of my personal failures. I don’t think anybody wants to read about that.

Ryan

Stats:
                Snowflake Completion: Done
                Pages Written Today: 11 (wide ruled pages)
                Pages Written Total: 69 (wide ruled pages)
                Pages Typed Today: 3 (single spacing)
                Pages Typed Total: 51 (single spacing)
                Word Count Today: 1,639
                Word Count Total: 24,916
                Note: The math doesn’t add up, I know. Only typed one of the three scenes I’ve written since I started this on Friday or Saturday. Another thing, I’ve flaked off on.

Advertisement: I can’t really think of anything. One day I’ll come up with something. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment