Monday, February 3, 2014

Velvet

Cupcake gave me velvet as my topic for the day. And, my brain just shorted out. This early in the blog post is probably a bad sign. I’m just not sure about it though. I did decide to write the post in red ink though, comparing it somewhat to a red velvet cake. And, yeah, cake is the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the word velvet.



I know velvet is a type of fabric, a very soft fabric with a nice smooth feel to it. On the outside at least. I’ve always found the inside of the garment to be itchy and unpleasant. And, I think it looks like of like a very miniature type of carpet with little threads standing up off of it like fur. I could be thinking of a different type of fabric altogether.

What else is there to say?

I think I’ve heard the phrase “an iron fist in a velvet glove” or something along those lines. Interpreted I believe this you can be a dictator, but don’t be a dick about it. And, I’ve sort of taken that to heart. Not that I’m a dictator or anything (my dnd group might say differently), but in the creation of a villain for one of my stories.

His name is Malak of Thrace and he’s everybody’s favorite dictator. He was the last king of Atlantis and came to power much the same way Ceasar took Rome. The public loved him, couldn’t get enough of him, and though he was very charismatic his mortal form was designed to look weak and submissive. Naturally, it was a disguise that suited his purposes. And, through all the smoke and mirrors he used, things were going to hell. He was single handedly responsible for the eradication of the dwarven race (at least in our world) and…

I’m handing out plot bunnies again.

Damnit.

So, back to velvet. Red velvet. I want cake. But, that means I’d have to get up, drive all the way out to walmart, get the cake mix, drive back, mix it, bake it, and let it cool, and that just sounds like too much work. I would greatly appreciate it.

But, what else was I talking about?

I don’t know.

My brain sort of turned off again.

It dose that from time to time, which is probably…

I did it again.

There might have been some mention of my DnD game as that is what seems to be missing from this post.

My players pointed out yesterday how close my monster choices are to minecraft. It was funny, and it made me a bit cranky at the same time. There aren’t a lot of monster options when your PCs are first level. I guess I’ll just have to throw them up against an Umber Hulk next.



Try to connect that to minecraft :P

Ryan

2-2-14

No comments:

Post a Comment