Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cosplay

My mind is shorting out, and it’s been doing this all day. I mean really, I should have had my blog post and my stats posted long ago. I know it’s only 8:30 pm (I know it will be morning by the time you read this) [it also seems to be three days later], but still. I have a schedule; I need to keep to it. Scheduling and organization are what sets us as human beings up above baser animals. Yeah, really no idea what I’m talking about. I’ve just been feeling blah today. I haven’t really wanted to do anything more strenuous than stare at a computer screen.

I think I’m going to start scheduling Friday as a lazy day. Everybody needs a day where they can just let go of everything. It’s like in a diet. You’ve got to have a f*** it day. If you don’t then your will power is going to erode and erode and erode until you break down. And, when that ship comes crashing down it’s so much harder to get it up and moving again. I know that from experience, not when it comes to dieting though I don’t like diets.

But, there’s way off the point. It’s almost gotten to the point where I circumnavigated the globe from what my topic for the day is going to be. Though, I guess willpower is in some way associated with this particular hobby.

Trying to move back towards the title, Cupcake gave me the topic of cosplay, and at the time I had no idea what I was going to write about it. (She gave me the topic three-ish hours ago.) And, now, I still have very little idea as to what I’m going to say.

I don’t actually know that much about cosplay. I know it’s a hobby (which is more and more becoming a profession for some) in which people make and model costumes for contests at conventions. Anime, games, minecraft, dungeons and dragons, whatever the topic of the convention is people wil come in costumes associated with that topic. And, sometimes you see some weird stuff.

I remember one meme where a KFC version of Cloud is facing off with a Ronald McDonald looking Sephioth. It was strange, but it made a killer picture. And, I’d say a hundred or more people got their picture taken with that pair. I would have. And, I just have to wonder if that was intentional. Really, what are the odds of it happening randomly? One in nine billion? One in nine trillion I don’t know, but I wish I had that idea.

Don't know what the origin of this pic is. If anybody knows, message me,
so I can put a proper attribution.


Other things I know about cosplay… it takes a lot of time and hard work to put your costume together, or about four hours using old garden hose, paper mache, and a blow drier.

My Cupcake did a cosplay over the summer at Tsubasacon, a small anime convention up in Huntington. She went as a Big Sister from Bioshock 2. She did really well with it, even if it was a halfway last minute thing. Lol.

My wifey and her little sister. I don't know who took the photo.


And, what’s neat, if she’d taken pictures of them putting it together she’d have won a thousand dollar grand prize for it being a handmade costume. I really wish they’d taken pictures of it was it was getting put together. I should have thought of it.

Meh.

I want a thousand dollars.

I want to coplay now. Lol.

I’ll go as Drizzt Do’Urden and be the most badass dark elf ever. Now… I just need to learn how to make leather armor.

Is not me. All credit goes to farmer-bootoshysa
check his stuff out on deviant art
farmer-bootoshysa


Anywho, that’s enough from me. Later kids.

Ryan

1-31-14

No comments:

Post a Comment