Thursday, July 10, 2014

Random Update

So, I’m coming to you, seemingly, from the land beyond that of the living. Lol. At least that’s what it feels like for me. I’ve not been very good with my stats and what not as of late and there is a reason for that. I posted said reason on Facebook as little while back. (I hurt my knee.) But, I’ve not said so much about it here.

I hurt my knee. Lol. Yup, started doing a little bit of running, thinking I was making headway, and instead I’ve managed to screw my knee up. I don’t know what I did. I’m hoping it’s just a sprain, or something like that, and not something that I’m going to have surgery for. I’ve got a doctor’s appointment set up for the 24th with an orthopedic surgeon. I will admit… I’m scared shitless.

Yeah….

Anyway, in other news, my brain is leaking out of my ears!!! Lol. As if you all didn’t know that already.

Also, I mentioned a little while ago that I was working on a new book, one that I planned to publish this year. Well, that’s true. I do plan on publishing a book this year, but I doubt that I’m going to get it out when I wanted to. I’m not really perturbed by that though, as I believe the book will benefit from the additional time I’ll have to work on it.

Why the schedule change?

Well, I’ve been working on the book for a couple of weeks now, sort of in fits and starts really, and I’ve come to the conclusion that the way I have the book outlined right now, it’s very, and I mean very, crammed together. Like I feel that there’s no room for character development at all, and that just sucked the ‘I want to write this’ feeling right out of the book. I mean what’s the point in writing a book, in sitting down and investing myself and my time in the book, writing it, and then walking away from it and know nothing more about the story then I did when I wrote the outline. That’s not the way this game is played. No sir.

So…

So, I’m not going to go all the way back to the drawing board with it, but I am going to go back to the outline and see where I can expand the book, so that there’s breathing room for the characters and my intense curiosity about each of them. I’ve also come to terms with the fact that this will likely double the length of the book. Lol. But, hey, if it makes the book better, then every word is going to be worth it.

And, that is officially enough out of my flapping jaws for one day. I shall talk to you kids tomorrow.

Ryan
7/10/14

No comments:

Post a Comment