Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hannibal the Cannibal

In Grr's Voice: I made it myself!
Hannibal the Cannibal, the star attraction of the books Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Hannibal Rising (all by Thomas Harris). He’s also the star of the movies of the same name portrayed in the first three by Anthony Hopkins. Then portrayed by Gaspard Ulliel in Hannibal Rising and I thought he did a very good job in that position. And, now there’s a television series out based on Hannibal starting Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal. He’s also doing a fantastic job so far as I’m concerned, and from what little I’ve watched of the television show.

Anyway, if you’ve lived under a rock for the last 33 years, Doctor Hannibal Lecter is a brilliant psychiatrist (though in the movies, show, and books he acts much more like a psychologist, a therapist). Who has a cultured taste for rare delicacies, namely those delicacies are his fellow human beings, thus the nickname Hannibal the Cannibal. Makes sense now, doesn’t it?

So, Doctor Lecter eats people, he murders them in interesting ways, and he does so without getting over excited. It was stated somewhere in The Silence of the Lambs that during an attack on a nurse at a mental facility he was kept at that his heart rate never went above eighty beats per minute. If that’s not the definition of cold calculated killer, I don’t know what is.

That and the attack on the nurse was random, a just because he could thing. There was no calculation to it. No time to think about it. It was a spur of the moment attack. And, he bit her ear off.

I don’t know about you, but I couldn’t bite a person’s ear off without my heart rate going over eighty beats per minute. I don’t think my resting heart rate even goes below eighty beats per minute. That’s probably not a good thing. Just saying.

Now, incorporating Hannibal Lecter into my game would be copyright infringement, and would bring a big fat lawsuit down on my head that I don’t want to deal with.

Ghoul--Dead and Hungry
wizards.com

Ghoul, Necromancer
by Butterfrog

With that being said, I would make him a ghoul necromancer. A ghoul is a relatively intelligent undead creature that was cannibalistic in life (or bitten by another ghoul) that continues to feast on the flesh of humanoids after death. And, necromancer is a wizard that specializes in the necromantic school of magic. (I’m sure somewhere in one of the books there’s even a Necromancer prestige (or core) class.) I would also heighten the intelligence from the ghoul’s typical level by fifteen or so points to give it Lecter’s mental superiority. I’d do the same with his charisma, giving it Lecter’s charm.

And, that would be interesting to see; a suave, debonair ghoul with blood dripping out of the corners of its mouth.

I might have to create a creature like that in the near future.

Ryan

3-15-14/3-16-14

No comments:

Post a Comment